Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An unusual taste in chicken salad. The spices make it unique. Green bell pepper can be substituted for either or both of the other colors. Vary the amount of red pepper flakes if you want it hotter or less hot (it will taste fine without it if you prefer).
- 709.77 ml cooked chicken, chopped
- 425.24 g can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 118.29 ml red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 118.29 ml yellow bell pepper, cut in strips
- 118.29 ml ripe olives, sliced
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 226.79 g container plain yogurt (nonfat is OK)
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml coriander
- 4.92 ml caraway seed, crushed
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine the chicken through parsley in a bowl.
- Stir together the yogurt through red pepper flakes and toss with the chicken mixture.
I made this for DH to take to work for lunch. It was easy to make & he loved it. What more could you want in a recipe? I did add some chopped tomato to the mix. I also had to substitute mayo for the yogurt because I was out.
We really liked this. I was on the hunt for interesting luncheon salads.and this definitely fit the bill. I left out the olives, we aren't fond of them. I was worried that the salad would be weak without them but it was definitely a keeper.
Delicious salad - the spice blend is gorgeous! I used two cups of chopped chicken and reduced the whole recipe slightly (I essentially scaled it down to even metric measurements - 2 dl as opposed to 2,4 dl and so on). Skimped on the olives a bit as DH doesn't care for them, but otherwise followed the recipe. VERY good! Plates were polished! Will definitely make again - thank you so much for a great recipe!