An unusual taste in chicken salad. The spices make it unique. Green bell pepper can be substituted for either or both of the other colors. Vary the amount of red pepper flakes if you want it hotter or less hot (it will taste fine without it if you prefer).
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain yogurt (nonfat is OK)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine the chicken through parsley in a bowl.
- Stir together the yogurt through red pepper flakes and toss with the chicken mixture.