Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Looking for something different, delicious, and a little exotic? Its not everyday you hear people say "Last night I had a Moroccan style sandwich". This recipe is a combo of the usual suspects such as chicken, plums, pita bread, hummus, and some popular spices. An interesting but surprising combo that I know you will love if you give it a chance! This recipe really doesn't require measurments. (No one uses measurements when making a sandwich.) You can put out all of the ingredients buffet style and people can make them up how they like. As far as the veggies (and plums) go, you can either choose to serve them fresh OR cooked by sauteing in olive oil.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken tenders. Cut each tender into 3 pieces. Season with salt pepper and other spices. Cook the chicken however you like (oven, stove-top, or grill) until no longer pink. Set aside.
- Either arrange your sliced veggies and plums on a serving platter OR cook them however you like (oven, stove-top, or grill) until tender.
- After warming pita breads cut in half and loosen sides to create a pocket.
- Spread the inside of each pita with hummus.
- Proceed to fill the pita with the seasoned chicken, veggies, and plums. Sprinkle inside with fresh parsley if desired.