Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
I just saw this being made on whatscookingtv.com and oh my did it look good. I will update description once I have actually made it
- 29.58 ml oil, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4.92 ml ground turmeric
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 118.29 ml almonds, coarsely chopped, use the salted and roasted kind
- 78.07 ml golden raisin
- 44.37 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 6 eggs
- 118.29 ml light sour cream
- 12 sheet phyllo dough, thawed
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Heat 1 tablespoons oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 5 minute or until crisp-tender. Stir in turmeric; cook 1 minute Transfer to large bowl.
- Add remaining oil and the chicken to skillet; cook 5 to 8 minute or until chicken is evenly browned, turning occasionally. Brown in batches if your pan is not large enough to hold all chicken. Remove from skillet; add to onions.
- Add nuts, raisins, parsley and cinnamon to chicken/onion mix; mix lightly.
- Whisk eggs and sour cream until well blended.
- Spray 9-inch springform pan and 8 phyllo sheets with cooking spray.
- Stack 4 phyllo sheets; place in prepared pan, extending edges of sheets up side of pan. Repeat to make second phyllo stack; place crosswise over first stack, extending edges of phyllo over top edge of pan.
- Fill phyllo crust with chicken mixture, then egg mixture. Spray remaining 4 phyllo sheets with cooking spray; cut in half. Place over egg mixture to completely cover egg mixture. Fold excess phyllo over pie. Spray with additional cooking spray.
- Bake 50 to 55 minute or until golden brown. Cool 15 minute.
I was tempted to add to this %u201Cpastilla%u201D recipe some salt, but finally I decided to follow the recipe. However I belive that this would be with half teaspoon salt good too. It came out very good, I did not miss the salt.
I hat only spring rolls sheets (the frozen wheat flour ones) so I used them overlapping one to the other. For this reason the top of my pastille is not %u201Cflat%u201D as it should be, but pretty and good too.
Finally it came out perfect and everybody like it. Easy recipe!
Served with oven cauliflower (Oven Roasted Cauliflower) and green salad.