Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
I just saw this being made on whatscookingtv.com and oh my did it look good. I will update description once I have actually made it
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, coarsely chopped, use the salted and roasted kind
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 12 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Heat 1 tablespoons oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 5 minute or until crisp-tender. Stir in turmeric; cook 1 minute Transfer to large bowl.
- Add remaining oil and the chicken to skillet; cook 5 to 8 minute or until chicken is evenly browned, turning occasionally. Brown in batches if your pan is not large enough to hold all chicken. Remove from skillet; add to onions.
- Add nuts, raisins, parsley and cinnamon to chicken/onion mix; mix lightly.
- Whisk eggs and sour cream until well blended.
- Spray 9-inch springform pan and 8 phyllo sheets with cooking spray.
- Stack 4 phyllo sheets; place in prepared pan, extending edges of sheets up side of pan. Repeat to make second phyllo stack; place crosswise over first stack, extending edges of phyllo over top edge of pan.
- Fill phyllo crust with chicken mixture, then egg mixture. Spray remaining 4 phyllo sheets with cooking spray; cut in half. Place over egg mixture to completely cover egg mixture. Fold excess phyllo over pie. Spray with additional cooking spray.
- Bake 50 to 55 minute or until golden brown. Cool 15 minute.
I was tempted to add to this %u201Cpastilla%u201D recipe some salt, but finally I decided to follow the recipe. However I belive that this would be with half teaspoon salt good too. It came out very good, I did not miss the salt.
I hat only spring rolls sheets (the frozen wheat flour ones) so I used them overlapping one to the other. For this reason the top of my pastille is not %u201Cflat%u201D as it should be, but pretty and good too.
Finally it came out perfect and everybody like it. Easy recipe!
Served with oven cauliflower (Recipe #277886) and green salad.