1/1 Photo of Moroccan Chicken Pie
1 hr 15 mins
I just saw this being made on whatscookingtv.com and oh my did it look good. I will update description once I have actually made it
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup almonds, coarsely chopped, use the salted and roasted kind
- 1/3 cup golden raisin
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 12 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 1Heat oven to 375ºF.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoons oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 5 minute or until crisp-tender. Stir in turmeric; cook 1 minute Transfer to large bowl.
- 3Add remaining oil and the chicken to skillet; cook 5 to 8 minute or until chicken is evenly browned, turning occasionally. Brown in batches if your pan is not large enough to hold all chicken. Remove from skillet; add to onions.
- 4Add nuts, raisins, parsley and cinnamon to chicken/onion mix; mix lightly.
- 5Whisk eggs and sour cream until well blended.
- 6Spray 9-inch springform pan and 8 phyllo sheets with cooking spray.
- 7Stack 4 phyllo sheets; place in prepared pan, extending edges of sheets up side of pan. Repeat to make second phyllo stack; place crosswise over first stack, extending edges of phyllo over top edge of pan.
- 8Fill phyllo crust with chicken mixture, then egg mixture. Spray remaining 4 phyllo sheets with cooking spray; cut in half. Place over egg mixture to completely cover egg mixture. Fold excess phyllo over pie. Spray with additional cooking spray.
- 9Bake 50 to 55 minute or until golden brown. Cool 15 minute.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Chicken Pie
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.7
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 191.7 mg
- Sodium 281.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 20.7 g