Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
From "Everyone Loves Chicken" by Weight Watchers. I borrowed my friend's book and I'm posting what sounds interesting for future reference. This is 5 points for each leg.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 skinless chicken legs, whole, skinned, about 1/2 lb
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine the garlic, scallion, oil, orange zest, mint, cumin, paprika, ginger and cinnamon in a zip-close plastic bag.
- Add the chicken and squeeze out the air and seal the bag.
- Refrigerate, 4 hours to overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
- Spray the grill with nonstick cooking spray and prepare the grill to medium-hot.
- Lift the chicken from the marinade and sprinkle with salt.
- Discard the marinade.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cover the grill until an instant read thermometer reads 180°F when stuck in the thigh, about 12-15 minutes per side.
May 25/09 Good but seemed to be lacking something. I will make it again but I think I would add more mint, it seemed to be lost in the other spices. Maybe cus I used fresh mint from the garden about 2 tablespoons. The cumin and ginger seemed to take over. I marinated for about 8 hours. We did enjoy it and the timing on the grill was about right, mine took 12 minutes. Thanks for posting. April 27/10 - made it again but this time I cooked in the oven under the broiler, turned out great! Really like th minty flavour.