Posting for ZWT6 and found on AOL Food that was provided by Eating Well. This sounds very tasty without being overly spicey. The recipe doesn't call for onions, which I would definitely add and feel free to add mushrooms, tomatoes etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (plus extra for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch pieces (boneless or skinless)
- 2 small bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (red and or or yellow)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1Stir together yogurt, parsley, cilantro, lemon juice, oil, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne in a medium bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat grill or broiler. Blanch bell peppers in boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and refresh with cold water. Blanch zucchini for 1 minute. Drain and refresh with cold water.
- 3Alternate chicken cubes, peppers and zucchini on skewers. Grill or broil the kebabs until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Garnish with a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
- 4When using wooden skewers, wrap the exposed parts with foil to keep them from burning. (Contrary to conventional wisdom, soaking skewers in water doesn't protect them.).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Chicken Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.3
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 72.9 mg
- Sodium 384.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 25.9 g