- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into quarters
- 1⁄3 preserved lemon, rinsed & sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 -3 teaspoons ras el hanout spice mix
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a tagine over medium-low heat. Add in the onion, parsley, cilantro, & chicken then sprinkle with 1 tsp of ras el hanout.
- Cook until the chicken has begun to turn golden on both sides. Add in the lemon, chickpeas, broth, & remaining spices.
- Cover & continue to cook on low for 1 hour. The tagine is done once the chicken is tender.