Recipe by kodi_inoz
I don't know how authentic this is. I often make it for large groups as it is so quick, easy and tasty.
- 1 kg chicken piece
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 750 ml chicken stock
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 600 g sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, cumin, turmeric and paprika together and dust the chicken.
- Heat 1 tbsp on oil in large stew pot. Fry onions for 5-8 minutes, adding garlic as the onion brown. Remove from pan.
- Heat remaining oil and fry chicken pieces in batches until browned on all sides.
- Add chicken, onions, stock, cinnamon and salt and pepper to the pot.
- Bring to boil then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add diced sweet potato, and a little more water if necessary, and simmer for a further 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Squeeze a little lemon over the chicken and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with couscous and steamed green beans.