1/3 Photos of Moroccan Chicken Breasts
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe was taken from the internet while looking for looking for recipes from North Africa & the Middle East.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 ounces kumquats, quartered lengthwise, seeded
- 2 ounces prunes, pitted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cups cooked rice or 4 cups couscous
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1In large heavy skilled, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Sprinkle chicken with salt & pepper, then add to skillet & brown, about 7 minutes per side.
- 3Transfer chicken to plate.
- 4Pour off all but thin film of fat from skillet, then add onions.
- 5Reduce heat to medium & saute until very tender & beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- 6Add squash & stir 2 minutes.
- 7Add cinnamon, cumin & saffron & stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 8Add chicken stock & bring to boil, scrapping up browned bits.
- 9Add chicken with any drippings on plate, kumquats, pitted prunes & honey.
- 10Cover skillet & simmer until chicken is cooked through, turning occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- 11Uncover & boil until liquid thickens to sauceconsistency, if necessary.
- 12Season to taste with salt & pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead, then covered & chilled. Rewarm covered oveer medium heat.).
- 13Mound rice or couscous on plates, then spoon shicken & sauce over.
- 14Sprinkle with cilantro & enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 100.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 34.3 g