1/2 Photos of Moroccan Chicken and Veggie Skillet
Quick cooking chicken stew, wonderfully fragrant with Moroccan spices. Serve over couscous for an authentic meal. from Heart Healthy Cooking by Becel
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (Becel)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 -3 medium carrots, julienned
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- chopped fresh coriander (to garnish)
- 1Place fennel seeds (if using) on a cutting board and break them by cutting once or twice with a large, heavy knife.
- 2Or if you have a mortar and pestle, give them a couple of grinds to lightly crush and release the aroma.
- 3In a small bowl, mix crushed fennel seeds, cumin, cinnamon and cayenne; set aside.
- 4In a large nonstick frypan, heat oil over medium high heat.
- 5Brown chicken with onion and garlic about 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in fennel mixture and sauté 1 minute.
- 7Add broth, zucchini, carrots, raisins and salt; bring to a boil.
- 8Cover and simmer over low heat stirring once, 5 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- 9Dissolve cornstarch in 1 tablespoon water, stir cornstarch mixture into pan and cook until thickened.
- 10Serve over prepared couscous or rice and garnish with chopped coriander.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Chicken and Veggie Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.9
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 226.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 16.1 g