Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posting for ZWT6 North Africa/Middle East region. Found this on world-recipes.info
Make and share this Moroccan Chicken and Olives recipe from Food.com.
- 12 chicken pieces
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml ground turmeric
- 4.92 ml ground sweet paprika
- 2.46 ml ground pepper
- 59.14 ml olive oil (divided)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh coriander, chopped
- 354.88 ml chicken stock
- 4 slice preserved lemon rind, grated
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 236.59 ml green olives, pitted
- Combine chicken with spices in large bowl. Stand covered, for 1 hour. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large pan. Cook chicken until well browned, but not cooked through. Transfer to larger pan.
- Add remaining oil to pan. Add onion and red pepper. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring. Transfer to large pan with chicken pieces. Add coriander and stock, lemon rind, juice and olives.
- Simmer, covered, for 40 minutes, until tender and liquid has reduced.Thicken sauce with cornflour if desired. Serve over rice.
I made recipe in my tagine. Instead of serving over rice we used thick bread to scoop it up, Moroccan style. Made for ZWT6 - No-Nonsense Nibblers
Wonderful chicken! I finally found what the clerk assured me is preserved lemon at a Middle Eastern grocery so I was able to make this just as it's written. Made for ZWT6 Ssassy's.