1/1 Photo of Moroccan Chicken and Lentils
1 hr 5 mins
I clipped this recipe from the January 2004 Bon Appetit, and just got around to trying it... we absolutely loved it and I can't wait to make it again. It's really a quick and easy weeknight supper, and it makes the kitchen smell luscious! Since this serves 12, I cut the recipe by 1/4 when I made it (and it fed two happy people), but I'll include the original measurements and serving size here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the lentils
For the dressing
- 1 cup olive oil (I used a little less...)
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
For the chicken
- 1Combine 8 cups water and 1 teaspoons of the salt in a heavy large saucepan over low heat.
- 2Add the lentils and bring to a boil.
- 3Cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer about 20 to 25 minutes, or until lentils are tender but not mushy.
- 4Drain, rinse with cold water, then drain well again.
- 5Transfer to a large bowl.
- 6Whisk together the 1 cup of olive oil, red wine vinegar, cumin, chili powder, garlic and salt; pour 1 cup of this dressing over the warm lentils and toss gently.
- 7Allow to cool.
- 8In a large skillet,heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and saute onions until dark brown and soft, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- 9Add chicken and saute 2 minutes.
- 10Add 1 teaspoons salt, the cumin, chili powder and cinnamon.
- 11Saute until chicken is cooked through, about 5 more minutes.
- 12Arrange lentils on a large platter and place sliced chicken on top.
- 13Drizzle with remaining dressing and sprinkle with the fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Chicken and Lentils
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.4
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 32.9 mg
- Sodium 646.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 23.6 g