1/2 Photos of Moroccan Chicken and Date Tagine
A taste of African cuisine...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the dates in half, discard the stone and then chop into six pieces.
- 2Slice the chicken into short strips.
- 3Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and stir in the onion.
- 4Cook until slippery and soft, then add in the pine kernels and lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- 5Turn down the heat and cook for about five minutes, before adding in the chicken.
- 6Cook until the meat is lightly browned.
- 7Squeeze the juice from half the lemon over the top, stir in the harissa, stock and dates.
- 8Simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the water is reduced by half.
- 9You should end up with a thick, rusty coloured sauce.
- 10Meanwhile, prepare the couscous by placing it in a bowl and adding 300ml boiling water, remaining olive oil and salt.
- 11Cover and leave for 15 minutes, then use a fork to loosen the grains and mix in the butter.
- 12Serve the chicken mixture over the couscous, garnished with some chopped coriander and a lemon wedge.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Chicken and Date Tagine
Serving Size: 1 (568 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1057.0
- Calories from Fat 428
- Total Fat 47.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 89.0 mg
- Sodium 386.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 49.7 g