A taste of African cuisine...
Make and share this Moroccan Chicken and Date Tagine recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the dates in half, discard the stone and then chop into six pieces.
- Slice the chicken into short strips.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and stir in the onion.
- Cook until slippery and soft, then add in the pine kernels and lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Turn down the heat and cook for about five minutes, before adding in the chicken.
- Cook until the meat is lightly browned.
- Squeeze the juice from half the lemon over the top, stir in the harissa, stock and dates.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the water is reduced by half.
- You should end up with a thick, rusty coloured sauce.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous by placing it in a bowl and adding 300ml boiling water, remaining olive oil and salt.
- Cover and leave for 15 minutes, then use a fork to loosen the grains and mix in the butter.
- Serve the chicken mixture over the couscous, garnished with some chopped coriander and a lemon wedge.