Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A one-pot meal great for a chilly evening. Based on a magazine recipe.
Make and share this Moroccan Chicken and Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs, cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced with garlic, onion
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, golden
- 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon paprika, smoked
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- Heat oil in large deep skillet over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and cook 5 minutes, turning once, until browned.
- Add broth, tomatoes, squash, raisins, cumin, cinnamon and paprika.
- Bring to boil, cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in couscous and peas and bring to a boil.
- Cover, remove skillet from heat and let stand about 5 minutes.
This was very good, quick and very tasty, I loved the aroma of the sauce as it cooked. Only thing Linky, next time I will make the couscous seperately, I didnt feel it added to the presentation of the dish to be all mixed together. I cannot fault this recipe, but I ould have preferred the luscious sauce to be nestled in a bed of couscous! totally yum, though, absolutely loved the butternut used this way. Thankyou, made for Zingo! ZWT9, Hot Pink Panthers.