Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Memories of Oujda, Morocco here.
Make and share this Moroccan Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 125 g green olives
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ras El Hanout Spice Blend
- 1⁄2 g saffron thread
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large preserved lemon, peel only, chopped
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Add the olives to a pan of boiling water. Bring the water back to the boil for 30 seconds, then drain and refresh under cold running water. Repeat twice more, using fresh water each time.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy saucepan. Add the onions and fry gently, stirring frequently until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the chicken breasts and fry for a minute or two.
- Add the garlic, ras-el-hanout, saffron, ginger, and pepper and fry for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Add the preserved lemon, coriander, parsley and the blanched olives.
- Add enough water to just cover the chicken, then bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer on a low heat for about 35 minutes.