Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Chickpea and garbanzo bean are two names for the same thing. Garbanzo is the name used in Spanish-speaking countries. Slightly larger than the average pea, these round, irregular-shaped, buff-colored legumes have a firm texture and mild, nut-like flavor. I found this recipe on www.tyson.com
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 15 ounces chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup dried apricot, halved
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F Combine chickpeas, broth, apricots and cinnamon stick in 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Wash hands. Arrange chicken on top of chickpea mixture. Wash hands. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes or until chicken is done (internal temp 170°F).
- Serving Suggestion: Remove cinnamon stick from casserole; sprinkle chicken with parsley. Serve with steamed fresh asparagus spears. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: To substitute Tyson Individually Fresh Frozen® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, simply increase cooking time by about one-third.