Recipe by maindish
Great 30 minute meal. Don't let the number of spices scare you away. It is my #1 asked for recipe.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
I sure believe this is your #1 asked for recipe! Made it exactly as written, and we LOVED it, it's absolutely fabulous. Can't say any more except that I'll be making it again. Thanks for sharing this winner!
Made for Bargain Basement.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced thin
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 20 -24 pitted dates, chopped, about 1 cup
- 2 cups chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a zip-loc bag or put the chicken in a bowl.
- Add the spices and mix well.
- Heat a large skillet over med-high heat.Add olive oil and swish around the pan several times.
- Sear the chicken and caramelize the meat all over for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook 5 minutes more.
- Add the dates and 2 cups of chicken stock to the pan , cover and cook 7-8 minutes to plump the dates and soften the onions.
- Serve with couscous.