Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wonderful flavourful recipe. Lots of spices but very simple to make! Serve with couscous.
- 1 lb chicken thigh, cubed (skinless, boneless)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup canned chick-peas, drained
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Season chicken with salt and brown in a large saucepan over medium heat until almost cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Saute onion, garlic, carrots and celery in same pan. When tender, stir in ginger, paprika, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and turmeric; stir fry for about 1 minute, then mix in broth and tomatoes. Return chicken to pan, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and zucchini to pan and bring to simmering once again; cover pan and cook for about 15 minutes, or until zucchini is cooked through and tender. Stir in lemon juice and serve.
Yummy as can be! LOVE was low fat for me! Had chicken thighs on hand today! Will make this again with chicken breasts another day! GREAT combination of spice! This recipe is very nice!