1/6 Photos of Moroccan Chicken
Happy Hippie's Note:
Another gem I discovered on the Allrecipes website. This recipe was submitted by Sarah and Annette. This is their statement regarding this dish. "Spices, spices, spices! This recipe is thick with 'em, and your taste buds will be thick with pleasure from Moroccan Chicken. This exotic tasting dish is a definite crowd pleaser!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cubed)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced fresh
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup canned chick-peas, drained
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1Season chicken with salt.
- 2Brown in a large saucepan over medium heat until almost cooked through.
- 3Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- 4Saute onion, garlic, carrots and celery in same pan.
- 5When tender, stir in ginger, paprika, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and turmeric.
- 6Stir fry for about 1 minute.
- 7Mix in broth and tomatoes.
- 8Return chicken to pan, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 9Add chickpeas and zucchini to pan and bring to simmering once again.
- 10Cover pan and cook for about 15 minutes, or until zucchini is cooked through and tender. Stir in lemon juice and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (468 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.4
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 1801.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 31.2 g