8 hrs 20 mins
I had this at a potluck and it was drop-dead delicious! A great balance of sweet and spice! I know there are lots of Moroccan Chicken recipes here on 'Zaar, but this one seems a little different to the rest. There are quite a few ingredients, but it is actually very simple to do. Prep time includes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml lemon juice or 29.58 ml lime juice
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79-29.58 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23-2.46 ml cayenne
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 473.18 ml garbanzo beans (1 can)
- 59.14-177.44 ml dates, pitted and chopped
- 118.29-177.44 ml almonds or 118.29-177.44 ml pecans
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml tomato paste
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Combine the first 10 ingredients (orange juice through to black pepper.)This will be the marinade for the chicken.
- 2Put the marinade in a plastic zip lock bag.
- 3Cut the chicken into chunks.
- 4Add the chicken to the zip lock bag. Refrigerate and marinate 4 to 24 hours.
- 5Put the rest of the ingredients in a casserole dish.
- 6Add the chicken and marinade and mix.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 hours.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.2
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 85.9 mg
- Sodium 597.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 26.3 g