Recipe by Paja
I had this at a potluck and it was drop-dead delicious! A great balance of sweet and spice! I know there are lots of Moroccan Chicken recipes here on 'Zaar, but this one seems a little different to the rest. There are quite a few ingredients, but it is actually very simple to do. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml lemon juice or 29.58 ml lime juice
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79-29.58 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23-2.46 ml cayenne
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 473.18 ml garbanzo beans (1 can)
- 59.14-177.44 ml dates, pitted and chopped
- 118.29-177.44 ml almonds or 118.29-177.44 ml pecans
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml tomato paste
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 10 ingredients (orange juice through to black pepper.)This will be the marinade for the chicken.
- Put the marinade in a plastic zip lock bag.
- Cut the chicken into chunks.
- Add the chicken to the zip lock bag. Refrigerate and marinate 4 to 24 hours.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in a casserole dish.
- Add the chicken and marinade and mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 hours.