Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from my Eat Well, Stay Well cookbook. Easily doubled and put in the freezer for make-ahead cooking. Don’t let the long list of spices scare you. It is easy to make! Serve with cous cous.
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients except the chicken. Once well blended, add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Put in freezer bags, label and freeze. OR Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
I thought it was a little heavy on the cinnamon, and I reduced it to 1/2 tsp from the beginning. I will make it again and only use 1/4 tsp. and omit the salt, bonless skinless chicken breasts have a lot of sodium in them to start, so if your watching that...
Excellent, easy to make, great flavours and will be made again. I reduced the salt, increased the oil to 3 teaspoons and had to use milled dried-garlic because I didn't realize I had run out of fresh. 5 mins before it was ready I added a lemon chopped into 8. Fantastic! Thanks for posting
I was looking for a quick and easy recipe with a different flavor and this totally hit the spot. I've been dieting and this tastes like the chicken from one of my favorite Indian restaurants! I didn't have the ginger or corriander on hand so I used some all spice, lemon zest, and parsley instead. I also grilled instead of baked the chicken, but I look forward to having this recipe over and over!