Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from my Eat Well, Stay Well cookbook. Easily doubled and put in the freezer for make-ahead cooking. Don’t let the long list of spices scare you. It is easy to make! Serve with cous cous.
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients except the chicken. Once well blended, add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Put in freezer bags, label and freeze. OR Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Excellent, easy to make, great flavours and will be made again. I reduced the salt, increased the oil to 3 teaspoons and had to use milled dried-garlic because I didn't realize I had run out of fresh. 5 mins before it was ready I added a lemon chopped into 8. Fantastic! Thanks for posting
I thought it was a little heavy on the cinnamon, and I reduced it to 1/2 tsp from the beginning. I will make it again and only use 1/4 tsp. and omit the salt, bonless skinless chicken breasts have a lot of sodium in them to start, so if your watching that...
I was looking for a quick and easy recipe with a different flavor and this totally hit the spot. I've been dieting and this tastes like the chicken from one of my favorite Indian restaurants! I didn't have the ginger or corriander on hand so I used some all spice, lemon zest, and parsley instead. I also grilled instead of baked the chicken, but I look forward to having this recipe over and over!