Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe earned rave reviews on Urbanbaby.com so I thought you guys might like it.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut up
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth (or can of college inn)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup couscous (plain or tricolor)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dates or 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon capers
- salad greens
- combine chicken and all spices.
- heat oil 1 tbsp olive oil in skillet and throw it all in, cook five minutes, then transfer chick back into bowl.
- Then put 1/2 cup OJ, 3/4 c of chicken broth
- let sauce reduce,
- when it thickens put chick back in pan and cook til done another 7-10 minutes.
- For cous cous, measure 1 1/4 c water, 1 cup cous cous, 2 bay leaves, 1/4 cup chopped dates or raisins 1 tbsp capers,bring to boil,
- remove from heat and cover, done when all water absorbed.
- Combine mesclun greens, crumbled gorgonzola, pine nuts, pear, grape tomatoes, cucumber with grape seed oil and balsamic, salt/pepper to taste.