Recipe by mandabears
this is a different recipe for moroccan chicken using a crockpot and lentils. it easy to make and very delicious. i am not sure how authentic it is, but try it. I serve this with steamed couscous.
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked lentils, i use brown
- 1 1⁄2 lbs frozen chicken tenders, i usually use Tyson
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- salt, to taste (optional)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (14 1/4 ounce) cans chicken broth, i usually use college inn
Directions See How It's Made
- place the carrots in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- sprinkle the lentils over the carrots.
- place the frozen chicken tenders on top of the lentils.
- in a separate bowl combine the tumeric, ground red pepper and cinnamon together and sprinkle evenly over the chicken.
- Pour in the 2 cans of chicken broth.
- Cover an cook on high for 1 hour, then on low for 7 hours.