8 hrs 5 mins
this is a different recipe for moroccan chicken using a crockpot and lentils. it easy to make and very delicious. i am not sure how authentic it is, but try it. I serve this with steamed couscous.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked lentils, i use brown
- 1 1/2 lbs frozen chicken tenders, i usually use Tyson
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- salt, to taste (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (14 1/4 ounce) cans chicken broth, i usually use college inn
- 1place the carrots in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- 2sprinkle the lentils over the carrots.
- 3place the frozen chicken tenders on top of the lentils.
- 4in a separate bowl combine the tumeric, ground red pepper and cinnamon together and sprinkle evenly over the chicken.
- 5Pour in the 2 cans of chicken broth.
- 6Cover an cook on high for 1 hour, then on low for 7 hours.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.3
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 606.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 31.9 g