Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
this is a different recipe for moroccan chicken using a crockpot and lentils. it easy to make and very delicious. i am not sure how authentic it is, but try it. I serve this with steamed couscous.
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked lentils, i use brown
- 1 1⁄2 lbs frozen chicken tenders, i usually use Tyson
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- salt, to taste (optional)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (14 1/4 ounce) cans chicken broth, i usually use college inn
- place the carrots in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- sprinkle the lentils over the carrots.
- place the frozen chicken tenders on top of the lentils.
- in a separate bowl combine the tumeric, ground red pepper and cinnamon together and sprinkle evenly over the chicken.
- Pour in the 2 cans of chicken broth.
- Cover an cook on high for 1 hour, then on low for 7 hours.
My roommate and I love this! We find it quite filling and delicious!
I should have followed my gut and not used the tyson frozen chicken tenders. It didn't turn out edible. Next time I try it, I will use normal chicken breast. The recipe itself is a good start to something, I just need to tweak it for our tastes.
We really liked this healthy, tasty recipe. I used 24 ounces of broth instead of the 28 and 1/2 your recipe called for.Mine was a bit on the dry side... next time I will follow more exactly. We still really liked the flavors and DH is looking forward to the leftovers tommorrow. Thanks for the share.