Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My dear friend made this for a Dinner she invited us to.. very good.
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 2⁄3 lemon, cut in wedges
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon saffron, powered
- 4 chicken breasts, split or 6 -8 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup green olives, halved
- Heat oil in heat-proof casserole.
- Stir in onion, garlic, parsley, coriander, salt, pepper and saffron.
- Cook lightly.
- add chicken and turn to coat evenly with mixture.
- Arrange lemon wedges on top.
- cover and simmer 1 1/2-2 hours, turning occansionally.
- Remove chicken and lemon wedges to a warm platter.
- Cook remaining liquid over high heat until reduced to a thinck sauce.
- Add olives and heat through.
- Pour iver chicken and serve.
- Excellent with fluffy white rice.