Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a traditional Sephardic (Spanish) recipe for Passover charoset
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sweet red wine
- process dates, raisins and walnuts in food processor until mixture is finely chapped and begins to mass.
- add enough wine to make sticky dough.
- line baking sheet with waxed paper.
- drop mixture by slightly rounded meaning teaspoons onto pan.
- roll with moistened palms into hazelnut-size balls.
- refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until firm.