Recipe by Mary Jenny
There's no time like springtime to fill up on farm-fresh greens and crisp vegetables. Take advantage of nature's peak season by eating easy dinner salads all week.
- 1 (14 ounce) bag cauliflower, cauliettes (Mann's)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin and paprika
- ground coriander and salt
- ground cinnamon and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almond, slivered
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped and divided
- 1⁄3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat coconut oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook Cauliettes, garlic, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt, cinnamon and pepper for about 5 minutes or until well coated and Cauliettes start to soften. Stir in water; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until no liquid remains and Cauliettes are tender. Stir in lemon juice. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Toss together cooled Cauliettes, chickpeas, red pepper, red onion, orange juice, apricots, almonds and 2 tbsp cilantro. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until chilled. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro, pomegranate seeds and mint.