Recipe by abraham r.
A fun recipie!
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Outstanding! I loved this flavorful and very colorful soup and even though my DH does not like carrots -- he enjoyed this dish very much. This would be a lovely addition to a dinner or to eat as a light lunch with a salad. Will definitely make this soup again! Made for Fall PAC, October, 2011.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 1⁄2 chopped carrots
- 2 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt, stirred to loosen
Directions See How It's Made
- melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- add oinion;saute 2 minuites.
- mix in carrots.
- reduce heat,cover and simmer until carrots are very tender,about 20 minuites.
- stir cumin seed in small skillet over medium-high heat until fragrent about 4-5 minuites.
- cool seeds & finly grind in spice mill.
- remove soup from heat.
- puree in batches until smooth.
- return to same pan.
- wisk in honey lemon juice & allspice.
- season with salt & pepper to taste.
- ladle soup into bowls drizzle yogurt over soup;sprinkle generously with cumin.