Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make and share this Moroccan Carrot Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 lb large carrot, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 2 2/3 cups)
- 2 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt, stirred to loosen
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Mix in carrots. Add broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until carrots are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir cumin seeds in small skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes; cool. Finely grind in spice mill.
- Remove soup from heat. Puree in batches in blender until smooth. Return to same pan. Whisk in honey, lemon juice, and allspice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Drizzle yogurt over; sprinkle generously with cumin.