Recipe by DeeVaFoodie
This recipe comes from the Bon Appetit Test Kitchen. Found on my search for ZWT recipes.
Top Review by Boomette
This soup is very yummy with the topping or without. For my son, it's better without. For me I used fat free sour cream on top and cumin seeds. Thanks DeeVaFoodie :) Made for your win in Bargain Basement tag game
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 lb carrot (large)
- 2 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt, stirred to loosen
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, saute 2 minutes. Mix in carrots. Add broth, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until carrots are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir cumin seeds in small skillet over med-high heat until fragrant, 4-5 minute. Cool and then finely grind in spice mill.
- Remove soup from heat. Puree in batches in blender until smooth. Return to same pan. Whisk in honey, lemon juice and allspice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Drizzle yogurt over, sprinkle generously with cumin.