Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
from WW May June 08 Core and 1.5pts per serve
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon moroccan mixed spice
- 400 g carrots, peeled and sliced
- 100 g potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄3 cup red lentil, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper (to season)
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and cook over medium heat for 5 mins or until softened. Add the garlic and morrocan seasoing and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add carrots, potato, vegetable stock and lentils. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer over a medium heat for 20 minutes or until the carrots and potatoes are very tender.
- Blend soup mix in the saucepan using a stick blender. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Fabulous soup !! I added some tumeric and ginger and sprinkled a little bit of crispy bacon on top and served with hot bread and it made a fabulous wintry Sunday nights dinner in front of the TV !!!
This was a great soup! I actually hate cooked carrots and made this for someone who had a cold, but this was amazing. The only thing that I did differently was add tumeric and curry instead of pimento. Pureeing the soup makes it very creamy and feels like you are cheating on your diet.