- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon moroccan mixed spice
- 400 g carrots, peeled and sliced
- 100 g potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄3 cup red lentil, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper (to season)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and cook over medium heat for 5 mins or until softened. Add the garlic and morrocan seasoing and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add carrots, potato, vegetable stock and lentils. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer over a medium heat for 20 minutes or until the carrots and potatoes are very tender.
- Blend soup mix in the saucepan using a stick blender. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.