Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Strictly Moroccan! Prep and cooking time are pretty much one and the same here.
- 5 cups clear chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground caraway
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon strained fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 lb peeled carrot, sliced in 1/4 rounds
- Boil all ingredients until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Cool and drain, reserving the liquid.
- Puree the vegetables.
- until completely smooth.
- Add the reserved liquid and chill.
- At serving time, garnish with minced coriander or parsley.
This is a wonderfully simple summer soup which has become a firm favorite with the family during the hot Andalusian summer. We have eaten this cold and warm but we generally prefer the latter option. I use low sodium chix stock 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder instead of seeds and sometimes add a pinch of harissa powder to the bowl when I want to kick it up a notch. Gracias Annacia!
I don't do cold soups very often and I did serve this one at room temperature. Hubby balked at the spices but Carly and I enjoyed it very much. Made for ZWT3