Recipe by Annacia
Strictly Moroccan! Prep and cooking time are pretty much one and the same here.
Top Review by Mr Sparkle
This is a wonderfully simple summer soup which has become a firm favorite with the family during the hot Andalusian summer. We have eaten this cold and warm but we generally prefer the latter option. I use low sodium chix stock 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder instead of seeds and sometimes add a pinch of harissa powder to the bowl when I want to kick it up a notch. Gracias Annacia!
- 5 cups clear chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground caraway
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon strained fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 lb peeled carrot, sliced in 1/4 rounds