Recipe by Rhiannon and Matt
A recipe from the Organic Wales site. It lists organic ingredients, but that's up to you. It is a rich, satisfying soup.
Top Review by mickeydownunder
YUMMY and delish to me! DEFINATE keep this recipe! Didn't do organic, not my thing, TRUE! But don't stop next person from doing a review! Sauteed onion/garlic in stock too, Aromatic smell it leaves in your kitchen, TRUE!
- 30 g organic butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 750 g organic carrots, scrubbed and chopped
- 1 large organic potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 liters vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon organic honey
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Add the onions, garlic, ginger, cumin, ground coriander, cayenne pepper and fry for two minutes.
- Add the carrots and potato and cook for ten minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are beginning to soften.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Loosely cover, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes until the potato is cooked.
- Leave to cool slightly then stir in the honey and orange juice, and then blend it in batches.
- Return to the pan to heat and serve hot with fresh coriander to garnish.