Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A recipe from the Organic Wales site. It lists organic ingredients, but that's up to you. It is a rich, satisfying soup.
- 30 g organic butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 750 g organic carrots, scrubbed and chopped
- 1 large organic potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 liters vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon organic honey
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat the butter in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Add the onions, garlic, ginger, cumin, ground coriander, cayenne pepper and fry for two minutes.
- Add the carrots and potato and cook for ten minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are beginning to soften.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Loosely cover, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes until the potato is cooked.
- Leave to cool slightly then stir in the honey and orange juice, and then blend it in batches.
- Return to the pan to heat and serve hot with fresh coriander to garnish.
YUMMY and delish to me! DEFINATE keep this recipe! Didn't do organic, not my thing, TRUE! But don't stop next person from doing a review! Sauteed onion/garlic in stock too, Aromatic smell it leaves in your kitchen, TRUE!