Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I thought this sounded good really good; a different kind of salad. Recipe comes from Morrocanfoods.blogspot.com
- 1 large lemon, washed, sliced into thin rounds, and then quartered
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for lemons
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest, plus 1/4 cup orange juice
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 medium carrots, peeled and grated (about 4 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, fresh chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Place the lemon pieces in a cold skillet. Add a generous amount of oil to cover the bottom of the pan and heat over low heat until the rinds soften and begin to brown and caramelize, about 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the cumin, cinnamon, ginger, cayenne, orange zest, orange juice, salt, and pepper. While whisking, pour 1/4 cup olive oil in a thin stream until the dressing reaches your desired consistency. Add the carrots, parsley, and pine nuts. Remove the caramelized lemon to the bowl using a slotted spoon. Toss and taste for seasoning. Drizzle in some of the lemon infused oil, to taste.
- Store in the refrigerator until serving time.
This was the best carrot salad I've ever had! The lemon was awesome - I could repeat this salad every day, and I'm not the biggest fan of carrots LOL Thanks so much for sharing this gem!<br/>Made for ZWT 9 / Morocco for The Apron String Travelers
I really enjoyed this carrot salad -- the cinnamon in the dressing really makes this dish as do the lemons and the flavored lemon oil. Makes a beautiful presentation and it's really easy to put together with the aid of the shredding disc on the food processor. I used the smaller holes so the salad is a bit on the finer side vs. coarsely grated carrots. Made for ZWT 9.