Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The orange blossom water gives this salad a delightfully unusual scent and taste. I really loved it and I'll definitely be making this again. (You can purchase orange blossom water at your local Indian or Middle Eastern grocer.)
- 1 1⁄3 lbs carrots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons orange blossom water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (to garnish)
- chopped fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- Peel the carrots and cut them in half and lengthwise.
- Put them in a pot with just enough water to cover them, 1/2 the garlic, and the sugar.
- Boil until just tender. Drain.
- While the carrots are boiling, mix together the olive oil, orange blossom water, remaining garlic, and pepper.
- Return the carrots to the pot with this mixture and sauté over low heat for a few minutes to combine the flavors.
- Remove from heat, put in a serving dish, and mix with the chopped parsley and cilantro.