Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious, spicy salad. It tastes best when it's a day old.
Make and share this Moroccan Carrot Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs peeled carrots
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed (minimum)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 -2 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Cook carrots in large pot for approximately 15 minutes.
- DON'T overcook carrots, they should remain firm.
- Allow carrots to cool.
- Cut them into 1/2 inch thick slices. Mix remaining ingredients in bowl. Pour over carrots Marinate carrots overnight in refrigerator.
Incredible. Truly addictive.
We simply loved this salad. It was amazing how all the flavours just came together to create a dish that was really difficult to stop eating! The texture is also divine...firm but not crunchy. Will be making this many more times!
Loved the flavors of this side as did our guests, even some picky eaters. I did lighten this a bit by replacing half the oil with fat-free chicken broth. This is great for a potluck as you can prepare it well in advance and just go. Also, while it has lots of lovely flavors none of them are so strong that you could put this next to lots of other dishes.