Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Pretty salad; spicy.
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- Steam baby carrots and garlic for 10 minutes.
- Mash garlic; cook in 2 Tablespoons oil with the paprika and cumin, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Add peppers.
- Add carrots.
- Saute for a minute.
- Pour into bowl.
- Add olives and herbs.
- Add rest of oil and lemon juice.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Very tasty way to serve carrots! I served this with grilled lamb, and I will make it again. Thanks for sharing the recipe.