Recipe by English_Rose
Fragrant with aromatic spices, this colourful carrot salad makes an appetizing, easily prepared starter or side dish.
Top Review by Debbwl
These were nice. Tasted right after mixing and decided to go with the make ahead and serve at room temperature option listed in step three. Made as written using baby carrots. Thanks for the post.
- 1 lb carrot, cut into thin sticks
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the carrots and garlic in a saucepan with enough water to just cover. Add a little salt and bring to the boil. Simmer briskly for 5-7 minutes until tender but not soft.
- Drain, then tip into a mixing bowl. Crush the garlic cloves and add them to the carrots. Stir in the oil, vinegar, cumin, paprika and 1 tablespoon of the cilantro while still hot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle over the rest of the cilantro. Serve hot, cold or at room temperature depending on what you're serving with it.