Recipe by Engrossed
This is adapted from Claudia Roden's "The New Book of Middle Eastern Food". I was pleasantly surprised by the flavor combos. It tastes like a very fresh carrot cake without all the work...and it's healthy!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
If I could give this more than 5 STARS for presentation, I would ~ When this dish of ribboned carrots is finished it looks OUTSTANDING! Being the raisin person that I am, I added more! HOWEVER, another time I'd like to use dried cranberries instead of the raisins, just to see who it'd taste ~ or half cranberries & half golden raisins for the yellow, orange & red colors! Anyway, thanks for posting this very nice recipe!!
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (black or golden)
- 1 orange, juice of (optional to soak raisins) (optional)
- 1 lb fresh carrot, peeled and coarsely grated (I used my peeler to make long ribbon like strips)
- 3 -5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper