Recipe by KLHquilts
A wonderful combination of flavors. It's a flexible recipe -- you can make it as garlicky as you like!
Top Review by kiwidutch
I liked this.. I will make it again, but with less cinnamon and less cumin, and garlic becuase even for this garlic lover it was a little overpowering. The lemon, olive oil, paprika and parsley are good, but I wanted to taste more of the carrots as well. Personal taste is obviously everything and I will be happier to tone down parts of this for my own personal taste. That said, I will be making this again, becuase the basic type of taste is very refreshing. Please see my rating system: 3 stars for a recipe that I will be very happy to tweek to better suit our tastes. Thanks!
- 1 lb carrot, cut into 2 " x 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 -6 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut carrots into 2" x 1/4" strips. (If you buy the baby carrots instead of whole carrots, this becomes a lot easier!).
- Steam carrots for approximately 5 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
- While carrots are steaming, combine remaining ingredients.
- Spoon over hot carrots, tossing 'til well coated.
- Chill several hours.