Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A wonderful combination of flavors. It's a flexible recipe -- you can make it as garlicky as you like!
- 1 lb carrot, cut into 2 " x 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 -6 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut carrots into 2" x 1/4" strips. (If you buy the baby carrots instead of whole carrots, this becomes a lot easier!).
- Steam carrots for approximately 5 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
- While carrots are steaming, combine remaining ingredients.
- Spoon over hot carrots, tossing 'til well coated.
- Chill several hours.
I liked this.. I will make it again, but with less cinnamon and less cumin, and garlic becuase even for this garlic lover it was a little overpowering. The lemon, olive oil, paprika and parsley are good, but I wanted to taste more of the carrots as well. Personal taste is obviously everything and I will be happier to tone down parts of this for my own personal taste. That said, I will be making this again, becuase the basic type of taste is very refreshing. Please see my rating system: 3 stars for a recipe that I will be very happy to tweek to better suit our tastes. Thanks!
Yum! Wonder how it would be with lime juice instead of lemon ... may try that next time.
Very good. Didn't use paprika and cut back a little on the sugar and cinnamon (I prefer things spicy rather than sweet). Will definitely make this again.