Recipe by *Parsley*
Great side dish for lamb or other meats.
Top Review by kiwidutch
We liked this... I adored the garlic and cilantro/coriander but was less enthused with the raw onions...personal preference only for DH and I though, so fussy us ended up picking them out. I also found the hot sauce .. tabasco in our case, to be distracting from the overall combination of flavours and the real taste of carrot, (again only personal preference)and since everyone else loved this this to bits it's really clear that you will always find some one that likes it less. I will definiately make this again, we liked the overall concept and just want to lessen a few ingredients to make this perfect for us. Please see my rating system: 3 stars for a carrot salad that I will be happy to make again with a few tweeks to keep fussy us happy. Thanks!
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and coarsley grated
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Chill until ready to serve.