1/3 Photos of Moroccan Carrot Dip
This unusual, sweetly spiced, Moroccan Carrot Dip is wonderful served with olives and warm flat bread for dipping. From a recipe by Jill Dupleix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces carrots, peeled and chopped into large pieces
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and left whole
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons seeded green olives (left whole or chopped, your preference)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 -6 rounds flat bread or 4 -6 pita pocket bread
- 1Cook the chopped carrot and garlic in simmering, salted water, for about 20 minutes or until soft.
- 2Drain well, then return them to the hot, dry pan for a minute or two, over medium heat, to dry them out further.
- 3Tip the carrots and garlic into the food processor bowl, and process until smooth.
- 4Add the cumin, paprika, ginger, cinnamon, cayenne, sea salt, honey and lemon juice and whizz again.
- 5With the machine still running, add the olive oil gradually.
- 6Allow to cool.
- 7Spoon into a serving bowl, drizzle with a little extra olive oil, scatter with olives and cilantro leaves, and serve with lightly warmed flat bread for dipping.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Carrot Dip
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.0
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 148.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: