Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This lovely warm salad, with flavours reminiscent of Morocco, is the creation of celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 cups carrots, sliced on the bias
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a large saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add the carrots, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 cup lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Cook the carrots until they just start softening.
- In another saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add the spinach and cook just until wilted.
- Remove from the pan and chop roughly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked carrots, spinach, remaining 1 teaspoon sugar, cumin, garlic, orange juice, remaining lemon juice and remaining olive oil.
- Serve warm.
This is intense and subtle at the same time. The flavour is unexpectly a big WOW! The cumin is subtle and the citrus is more defined but work so well together. I do not like cooked spinach but really enjoyed this. I will be trying it at home pronto! Many thanks Irmgard. Another winner!