Recipe by Irmgard
This lovely warm salad, with flavours reminiscent of Morocco, is the creation of celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck.
Top Review by AnnieCan
This is intense and subtle at the same time. The flavour is unexpectly a big WOW! The cumin is subtle and the citrus is more defined but work so well together. I do not like cooked spinach but really enjoyed this. I will be trying it at home pronto! Many thanks Irmgard. Another winner!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 cups carrots, sliced on the bias
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add the carrots, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 cup lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Cook the carrots until they just start softening.
- In another saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add the spinach and cook just until wilted.
- Remove from the pan and chop roughly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked carrots, spinach, remaining 1 teaspoon sugar, cumin, garlic, orange juice, remaining lemon juice and remaining olive oil.
- Serve warm.