Recipe by Sharon123
Spears of roasted eggplant, zucchini and parsnips with a fruity saffron dressing served with feathery leaves of frisee and the crunch of pine nuts!
Top Review by ellie_
This was okay and the first time I've ever had frisee, which I found a little bitter -- it may have been the head of frisee I had though. I also forgot the parsnips. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 zucchini
- 2 small eggplants
- 2 parsnips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme sprig
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes or 8 ounces grape tomatoes
- 1 head frisee
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1 pinch saffron thread (about 20)
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Put the saffron and raisins in 2 tbs. boiling water and set aside to soak.
- Trim the zucchini, eggplants, and parsnips, and quarter lengthwise. Toss in the olive oil along with the thyme, salt, and pepper. Place all in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Toss the vegetables, add the cherry tomatoes and roast until the vegetables are slightly scorched and soft, about 10 minutes more. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- To make the dressing:.
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl with the saffron, raisins, and soaking water.
- Trim the frisee and tear the leaves in half. Toss the leaves in half the dressing and arrange in serving bowls.
- Toss the warm vegetables and cherry tomatoes in the remaining dressing and arrange over the top of the frisee. Sprinkle the toasted pine nuts over each salad and serve. Enjoy!