Recipe by lindseylcw
The addition of preserved lemon gives this salad a distictive taste from Modern Moroccan by Ghillie Basan
Top Review by Debbie R.
Oh man! Ten stars if that were possible!! I like just regular ful madamas. At first I thought this was probably overkill. However, it absolutely isn't. Even picky DH really liked it. I used two 15-oz. cans of favas. This is one of my absolute favorites of ZWT6.
- 2 kg broad beans, in the pod
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon coriander, finely chopped
- 1 preserved lemon, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Meanwhile pod the beans, put beans into boiling water and boil for 2 mins.
- drain and refresh under cold running water.
- slip off and discard the outer skin of the bean.
- put beans into heavy pan with the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and paprika, cook gently over low heat for about 10 mins.
- season to taste with salt and pepper and leave to cool in the pan.
- tip beans into a serving bowl, scraping in all the juices from the pan, toss in the preserved lemon, coriander and olives.