Baby Kato's Note:
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT9 – Morocco. This recipe is from cookbook: Fight Back With Food. In this tasty version chicken breasts are braised with chickpeas, lemon, cilantro and apricots. Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dried apricot
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chickpeas, canned, drained and rinsed
- 1 (540 ml) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1In a small bowl combine the apricots and the boiling water, let stand 10 minutes. Strain the apricots, reserving the the water, then dice the apricots. Set aside both the water and apricots until needed.
- 2In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat, add the chicken and saute for 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- 3Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook 7 minutes, then add the celery and cook for 3 more minutes.
- 4Stir in the apricots and the reserved liquid, the chickpeas, tomatoes, lemon zest, lemon juice, coriander and pepper.
- 5Bring to a boil and return the chicken to the pan, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- 6Stir in the cilantro and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Braised Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.4
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 656.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 30.9 g